The CLC provides an exceptional environment for established researchers, young investigators, and new trainees to showcase their work in a collegial environment. To support this, several awards are offered.
Applications for New/Young Investigator and Senior Investigator awards must be submitted by the deadline on the website.
Available conference awards and deadlines are listed on the Home page of the website each year, and updated annually.
Trainee Oral Presentation Award
The goal of this award is to encourage research trainees in the lipid and lipoprotein field. Postdoctoral fellows and graduate student trainees will compete separately by delivering oral presentations, and awards will be determined by a jury of members of the CLC during the oral sessions. Those wishing to apply for an award must indicate so on the conference abstract submission form. These awards will be presented at the CLC Saturday evening banquet.
Trainee Poster Presentation Award
These awards are aimed at encouraging trainees to present preliminary research with clear evidence of potential significance to the lipid and lipoprotein community. Awardees will be determined by a jury of CLC members during the presentation of posters at the CLC. These awards will be presented at the CLC Saturday evening banquet.
CLVS Stewart Whitman New Investigator Award
The Canadian Lipoprotein Conference will be offering research funds for lipid or lipoprotein research. This award, dedicated to the memory of Dr. Stewart Whitman, is aimed at young scientists who are in transition from their research leading to a career as an independent investigator. Completed applications should be sent to the CLC chairman by the indicated deadline.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold an independent academic position at the level of Assistant Professor (or equivalent) with-in 5 years of first academic appointment, or hold an offer of an independent academic position at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent, by the application deadline.
- Conduct the research at a Canadian university or equivalent organization.
- Research a topic distinct from the research activities of present or past research supervisors.
- Present an interim or final report at future Canadian Lipoprotein Conferences.
Funds available: To be determined.
The award may be used for:
- Operating costs for the research project.
- Purchase of equipment and computers.
The award may NOT be used for:
- Salary of the awardee
- Travelling fees
- The funds belong to the awardees and will be transferred with them if they accept an academic appointment at another institution.
- The funds will be returned to the CLC if the postdoctoral fellow takes a non-academic (industrial) position.
Name of the proposed research:
- The research project should be on lipoprotein research (basic, cellular, molecular or clinical).
Application procedure: Applications will be judged on the basis of the academic achievements of the applicant and the scientific merit of a research proposal.
The successful applicant will be identified by a panel of national and international judges.
The winner will be announced at the CLC Saturday evening banquet.
Application forms for this award are available on the PI Awards page. Completed applications should be sent to the CLC chairman by the indicated deadline.
Senior Investigator Award
This award is to encourage excellence in lipid and lipoprotein research in Canada. The CLC award is provided in the form of a grant to the winning laboratory. Applications will be peer-reviewed by members of the CLC.
Application forms for this award are available by clicking on the button below. Completed applications should be sent to the CLC chairman by the deadline on the application form.